Modern homes have different designs from older homes not just on the exterior design aspect, but also on the interior design aspect as well. The truth is that it is actually much easier to renovate the inside of a property to make it look up-to-date or more modern than if you were to make the exterior look like the design of new homes. Of course, interior design renovation of the property is not something that you can do all on your own as there are many things that you literally need to do or even demolish to create that modern appearance.
Walls – old homes tend to have more walls dividing different spaces of the home. With older homes, there are often walls that divide the living area from the dining area. These walls create a more cramped appearance due to the subdivision of areas. By breaking down these walls and making both the living area and the dining area seamlessly joined, you create a much wider space that literally becomes more appealing to the current generation.
Fixtures – if the fixtures of your property are the dead-giveaway to the real age of your home, then may want to change them into something more modern. Although changing such may not seem much, it still actually helps in renewing the overall look of the old home to a more modern class. Old and retro design fixtures are no longer stylish in this day and age.
Paint – wallpapers these days look very cheap and shabby. Paint is actually the trend these days as it not only looks much better, but you also have lots of paint color options to choose from. Most interior decorators prefer using paint as they have more control in the outlook of the interior they are doing.
Arches – a lot of homes from decades ago had some arches built in them. Unless these arches really go with the interior of the property, they need to be removed to give the home that much modern look. Arches are elegant when they are designed properly. However, if their design aspect was only meant to keep up with what was a fad back then, then they need to be removed in favor of a square or rectangular entry point.
As a homeowner, it is always fund to do home renovation projects as it not only help liven up the space, but it makes the home look newer and better. When it comes to home renovations, it is always a good idea to look into areas of the home that requires the most improvement. Of course, once you have improved that part, you don’t have to think about it again until you’ve made improvements on all other areas of the home.
One of the least remodeled areas in the home will always be the kitchen. Since the kitchen space is a vital part of the home that is used regularly, you hardly think about doing any remodeling for your kitchen area because you always use it. However, if your kitchen is looking old, worn, and outdated, then maybe it’s about time you considered doing some home renovations on your kitchen area.
In case you are not aware, the kitchen actually plays a very important role when it comes to assessing the overall value of your property. If your kitchen is old and all the appliances there are also decades old, then the value of your property will certainly drop. If you want to consider making your property very desirable again and have better property value, doing some kitchen remodeling may just be the best move you can do.
Of course, since you will be doing some kitchen remodeling, you need to replace the entire old appliance that you have in your kitchen. Replace them with more energy efficient and robust models that will last a long time. Consider stainless appliances with inverter technology so you can be sure they not only last long, but they also consume less energy giving you lower utility bills.
Aside from kitchen appliances, if you have the budget for it, consider having the kitchen cabinets replace to better ones. Newer kitchen cabinets not only provide you with better storage space, but you can also choose from an assortment of designs and colors that will go with the theme of the new kitchen you are looking for. Don’t forget to all change the countertop and tiles of the kitchen along with the kitchen sink and the fixtures and fittings so you can have a more updated kitchen area, one that will make it more desirable for you to cook on.
Doing home improvement projects during your free time not only keeps you preoccupied, but it also helps in freshening up the overall looks of your home. A fresher new look not only makes your home look more appealing, but it may also enhance its overall value should you decide to sell it in the near future. The truth is that there are many types of home improvement ideas. There are simple ones that you can do yourself, and then there are more complicated ones where you need to hire professionals to help you accomplish your home improvement project. Then again, most of the time though, simple home improvement projects that you can do yourself are the most rewarding.
- Fixtures – homes have lots of fixtures. Door knobs, locks, drawer handles, faucets, lightings are all considered as fixtures. Changing these fixtures with more modern or classy ones will definitely create a change in the atmosphere of your home. Changing old light fixtures into more elegant ones will give your home a more stylish appearance.
- Paint – you can do full repainting of the interior, rooms, or just parts of the interior can make great changes to the overall appearance of your home. You can paint the cabinets, wood trims, or just certain sides of the walls can dramatically change the looks and appearance of your property. With paint, you can create astounding effects depending on the color of paint you use.
- Curtains – if your curtains are looking old and faded, replacing them with new and brighter ones will definitely create a livelier and brighter appearance to your home. Or if you want a more tranquil vibe, you can choose pastel and light-colored tones to create that calm and peaceful vibe to your interior.
- Carpets – by adding carpets to your living room area and your dining area, you create a color contrast to those spaces which helps to elevate their overall appearance and ambiance. You can never really underestimate the adding of carpets to certain areas of your home as they certainly add magic to the room’s overall presence.
- Update – by updating some appliances and furniture of your home, you can create a new vibe that makes the interior of your home look more elegant and classy. New sofas, kitchen appliances, dining tables and chairs, buffet and side tables, tapestry, painting, and wall decorations can all create the new look you are looking for in your property.
OTTAWA’S TRUSTED SOURCE FOR MODERN FURNITURE
We are one of Ottawa’s finest modern furniture stores and are committed to providing Ottawa’s most distinguished clients with modern, authentic furniture from all around the world. Our Ottawa showroom is located at 1154 Bank Street in the Old Ottawa South furniture district of Sunnyside Village. From mid-century classics (Hans Wegner, Norman Cherner, Pierre Paulin) to modern award winning furniture designs (Stua, Team 7, DellaRobbia), our goal is to serve as Ottawa’s premier choice of contemporary furniture stores. Thank you so much for visiting our website! Please come down to our Ottawa showroom to browse our modern furniture collections in person. See you there!
Elevenfiftyfour Modern Furniture is a proud partner and licensed retailer for the following manufacturers: Artifort, Carl Hansen & Son, Cherner Chair Company, DellaRobbia, Eva Solo, QisDesign, Flynn Studio, Harechair, Heller, Frank Gehry furniture collection, Humanscale, Innovation, Koncept Lighting, Normann Copenhagen, Stua, Team 7, Wilkhahn, Progetti Clocks, Diamantini & Domeniconi.